Wednesday, January 24, 2007

CHAIN CHAIN CHAIN



R.I.P. Disco D
I didn't have much experience with Disco D. Aside from him being one of the biggest DJ's to introduce me to ghetto tech music and booty bass when I was living in the small town of Savannah. A few months back I got a chance to spin alongside Disco D for Lauren Flax's White Lightning party. He was a very humbled dude, very polite and at one point some disgruntled bridge and tunnel girl passed him a note reading something like, "You're not good enough to be a jerk, I just wanted to know what you were playing..." Dave laughed it off, played his set the way he wanted to and didn't seem like he was playing for anyone but himself.

1 Comments:

Blogger Prolly said...

I remember that night and yeah, there were a lot of unappreciative B&T in the crowd!

r.i.p. disco d

10:59 PM, January 25, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home