Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Devil wears blue shoes

Yesterday and today I raided my closet and pulled out all these old hardcore and metal cd's and started to upload them for my Ipod. and then just jammed out on them today all day on my bike. I completely forgot the coincidence between what I was listening to and today's date. 6.6.06

Some suitable music for today:

Creation is Crucifixion - Burn The Churches (a manifesto)
Back in the day, this was probably one of my favorite metal bands. Dudes are from Pittsburgh and when my friends and I heard their cd, it completely blew our minds, aside from the recording quality sounding like complete shit. Probably the band I saw the most live who didn't live in my town. Slayer and thrash punk death tech metal at it's best.


Dead Eyes Under - Stricken
This is just brutal. I think brutal was one of the most overused words when describing a metal band. MAN, that was BRUTAL! Yeah, shit's not supposed to make you want to fall in love. just makes you want to do a backflip into a pile of electrical knives.


The Dillinger Escape Plan - The Mullet Burden
This shit makes me want to freak out. completely. infused jazz metal blah blah blah. Some of their older stuff. i never heard the new album. that came out like two years ago. but before that they did the ep with Mike Patton, that was pretty dope too. DEP is basically the quintessential hardcore metal band, next to bands like Zao and Converge. They always played heavy music and never stopped.


Cradle of Filth - Cruelty Brought Thee Orchids
This is the only record I own by them, I just really like 'Cruelty and The Beast'. Straight Black Metal; ridiculous lyrics, screaching high vocals, growling low end vocals, dark harmonious keyboards and that norwegian meets motorhead speed guitar. I never got a chance to see these guys play, but i can imagine i would just laugh the whole time. ive seen some of their videos and the lead singer is a little above four feet tall. straight troll time

- Also, Video Footage from release party of Justice's "Waters of Nazareth" in Paris. Man, this shit is just fun to watch. i got to witness a DJ Funk set, last october. He played a party I promoted for XLR8R. That dude, is completely insane. but in an amazing way. i thnk he played "face down ass up", 4 times, but people were just loving it. he was djing wasted and ended up jamming two cd's into the cd-j's and when it didnt play and the music stopped, he just started yelling, "my cd players dont work! everyone! my cd players - ARE - NOT WORKING!!!!" what a trip.
(thanks for link - discobelle.net)

Justice - Waters of Nazareth (Erol Alkan edit)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

CIC is a band i really enjoy.
I saw them in 1999 in Quebec city and bounded with one of the dudes who admitted modifying Snes and gameboys at his work( best buy or some shit)in order to send subliminal propaganda to younger children who would later turn out to be metalheads, i guess.

What are you doing? It's midnight. xo

12:24 AM, June 07, 2006  
Blogger Prolly said...

Man, where is Path of Resistance? COME ON!

Filth's cover of "Hallowed be thy Name" is epic as well...

From Here On "Hope for a Bleeding Sky" is filled with pit anthems and sing alongs...

9:11 AM, June 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home