Tuesday, February 07, 2006



Straight Up Pimpin

Big Boi - 'I'm on it (Kryptonite)'
The first time i heard this i was dancing in the club and i said "oh my god, who the fuck is this?" Big Boi returns with a mean, schlumpy, dirty south track filled with booming sub, chopped up vocals, crowd chants, and an awkward melody that sounds almost Egyptian that hints at recent Houston hits. Big Boi slithers in and slides easy on it, rhyming about pimpin, dirty south delectables, reppin the A, and purple. Whats with purple anyway? I mean everyone’s on purple:
1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 . 7
I mean, I get purple, it’s just funny. Regardless, this track is banging, and makes everyone in the club want to do a slam dunk screaming “AAAAAAA!” and wishing they really could rep the A. You’re gonna find this one on repeat.

- The next style revival . we’re on our way? . I’ve gotta learn to do the creep.

- Damn man, how you gonna put on 4 new Arrested Development Episodes, and also it being the season finale on a Friday night at 8. FOX keeps fucking up

-
THIS JUST IN: 2manyDJ's at Tribeca Grand this Thursday... I'm on it. wow. Dackattack told me about this last Thursday but I totally forgot.

- more to come later. re:up new:mix.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home