Tuesday, February 14, 2006



- Valentines day is upon us. the truth about valentines day

- I caught a free sneak preview of Winter Passing . Definitely a big perk of living in NYC, the free movies. I rarely take advantage of these things. The movie was good too, directorial debut by Adam Rapp with an amazing performance by Ed Harris, who throughout the movie I had forgotten it was Ed Harris. Also a great performance by Zoey Deschanel, who was in Elf with Will Ferrell, who is also in this. Definitely a heart warmer. It had the feel of a long Graduate thesis film, a lot of handheld shots and the camera’s close obsession with Zoey, resembling any movie that is directed by a young director and stars a younger female, if you know what I’m saying. It was still shot well and had a dope soundtrack too.

- Last night mad thug wizardry was going down at Sway. XLR8R was giving away free limited edition New Era hats, so you know there were some wigwams up in that place getting gully over some hats. Nick Catchdubs played the ill hip hop set. And Queen Majesty played a set that I’m never around for. I’ve known her for like, maybe 4 or so months, give or take. I’ve seen her dj like once. But the weirdest thing is that we both always dj at the same time, including this Friday. Except last night, of course, But, I spouted out some random date I have booked in the end of February and she was like yeah I have a gig on that date too. Just so weird. Just one of those things.

- I was talking to the queen about how on the 23rd I have to dj for a fundraiser for kids in south africa, or something of that nature. And there is going to be a slide show of images from my friends trip there. I thought, how am I gonna dj to that? i asked her what i should play. she said Midnight Oil - 'Beds Are Burning'. I said Toto 'Africa', I later decided Sisqo 'Thong Song'.

- I hope y’all enjoy your lovers day, whatever it may mean to you, and yours or your hopefully yours.

Valentines Day Mix: my favorite love songs
Bumblebee Unlimited - Lady Bug (I just wanna be your)
Vincent Gallo - Honey Bunny
CocoRosie - By your side
Mates of State - Ha Ha
Death Cab for Cutie - Company Calls Epilogue
Villeneuve - Does Anybody Hear Now
The Knife - Heartbeats
Madonna - Get Together
R. Kelly - Step in the name of love (remix)
Phoenix - Too Young
Cannibal Ox - The F-Word
Mirwais - Miss you (Thin White Duke Remix)
Hot Chip - Crap Kraft Dinner
The Cars - Just What I Needed



this dude used to be in an amazing band

The Queen





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home